Friday 21 December 2012

Top of the Shop

 
Aside from talking... a lot, my obsession with Topshop is also reaching dizzying heights. So I thought I'd share with you some of the items I was drooling over during my recent (hellish!) trip to their Oxford Circus branch (Post coming soon!).
 
Santa knows what I'm wishing for this year :)
 
 

Knitted Embellished Ray Jumper £50
This was one of those rare pieces that you spot and hope that it is everything you've already cracked it up to be in your head. As soon as I laid my eyes upon this pastel coloured blue number, I felt drawn to it. The stud detailing gives the cosy knit a slight edge whilst the colours ensure its still feminine and not TOO rock chick as I just can't pull that off. I'm hoping this means that pastel colours are on their way back for Spring/Summer as the sweetie palletes are right up my street! 

 
Plain Fedora in Oxblood £25
Hat person? Not a hat person? I'm still trying to work that out whilst taking some risks in the process of doing so. I originally took a fancy to the camel coloured version of this hat but since sampling it upon thy head, I felt a little bit like a cowboy (yeehar!). Then I discovered this beauty. I love the oxblood colour as its very versatile, great for winter and works particularly well with the overwhelming 'creamness' of my wardrobe. (There's nothing quite like a good crispy cream, top that is!) I also think it could give a dash of colour to the outfit below...
 


Oversize Monochrome Spot Shirt £38
This spotty piece I tried on in a size 6 as it is extremely oversized but I loved its simplicity (like this description of it) and thought it could work really well with a red lip.




 
Chiffon Double Sleeve Playsuit £46
Meanwhile I'm in the hunt for an outfit for New Years Eve, you know that dreaded overrated night of the year that you spend months leading up to telling everyone how ridiculously overpriced and a waste of time it is but yet you still want to look fabulous for. Yep that one. Whilst I loved the colbort blue colour of this playsuit, that being the reason why I was attracted to it, this isn't something I would perhaps usually go for. The arms are very batwingingly 60's and felt I needed to give it more consideration. Maybe with a chunky sparkly necklace it could look great.
 
What do you reckon?
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love topshop so much, I can't wait to have some proper pennies once my student days are over so I can actually shop in there :) I love the first jumper and the colour of the playsuit looks stunning on you!
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice outfits *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love absolutely everything you've photographed! that blue jumper is my favourite. it's such a pretty colour. topshop has some lovely things :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like I'm not alone in my obsession with Topshop eh :) x

    ReplyDelete