Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year, New...Me?



In my mission to tackle my New Years Resolution head on (clearly what I am doing in the above photo), which was need I remind you, not to dwell on the past or worry about the future, it is a mere one week into 2013 and my mission is firmly taking shape. One last minute email later and a desperate phone call to the boyfriend persuading him that, yes indeed he needs a lodger for 3 weeks, not so spontaneous Charlotte was walking through the gates of a quaint little courtyard that soon led into a impressive library full to the brim of Blake Publishing books. A 3 week placement awaited me and needless to say, I was nervous.

Despite having only been at the independent publishing company for 2 days however, I've already learnt how to use a franking machine to send post (it's like your childhood Post Office Toy come to life!), how to 'sensitively' reject autobiographical proposals written by ex-page 3 models and nudists to name but a few, how to juggle making 5 cups of tea/coffee using a fancy cafetiere and how to sit in a pub for 2 hours on your lunch break whilst being fed free fish and chips!

Although daunting at first, interning is a great way to gain industry experience with the reassurance that if you hate it, your out of the doors sooner than you walked in but with a greater set of skills and knowledge to stick on your CV! The mere thought of chopping and changing within different companies to some, is terrifying, (i.e. me) and despite knocking on the door come Monday morning thinking, 'Oh my god, why am I doing this?', my time spent at Sugar and Closer Magazine and now John Blakes have all been valuable, positive experiences that provide you with, if not much else, great evidence of your motivation to work, learn new things and explore your options.

I shall keep you updated with my progress within the lovely little team of John Blakes. In the meantime, check out these snaps of me and my beautiful best friends on New Years Eve! I wore a somewhat bargain of an outfit including my Christmas sales bargain playsuit for £18 from Topshop and a Statement sequin collar necklace also in the sale at Topshop for £9! We interns have to rewards ourselves somehow eh?









1 comment:

  1. Awwww you all look gorgeous! I'm so bummed I didn't get a proper NYE celebration this year!
    Adoring your blog :)


    xo
    Nicole
    Hourglass & Bloom

    ReplyDelete